DISCLAIMER: Please note that none of the projects above are being run in conjunction with external companies. Branding has been used to give a more realistic scenario to work with.
1. Generate design ideas, from a brief, clearly through well executed 2D sketching; orthographic presentation and 3D sketch modelling, demonstrating progression towards achieving professional standards;
2. Present design solutions through the use of 2D and 3D digital tools (e.g. Photoshop/Illustrator/Alias/Rhino/Powerpoint);
3. Evaluate and synthesise design criteria in order to balance aesthetics, ergonomics, engineering, materials, manufacturing, sustainability, aerodynamics, social, environmental and factors (as appropriate to the subject) as identified in the design process;
4. Undertake research (e.g. task analysis, benchmarking, user focussed research, sustainability, social, and environmental factors, etc.) using recognised and appropriate methodologies and demonstrate integration of these within design outcomes;
5. Document research findings, present experimental results and design solutions using recognised and accepted presentation methods;